Today, I received an email from one of the marketer that I have been following. He promoted a new eBook teaching people how to success in online business. The email copy is great, so I followed the link to view the sales page. After reading, I have a feeling that it is similar to a PLR ebook sold by Jimmy D Brown. Out of curiosity, I performed some research and realise that they are the same ebook.
The interesting thing is the marketer has marked up the price of the ebook to almost 10 times (actually is just 5 times as he offered a discount).
So far from what I have noticed, the marketer has created some great email promotion copies. He had changed the sales page, and make it more appealing. He sent his email subscribers promoting this offer. I suppose some percentage of these people will purchase the ebook at a so call discounted price.
What Have I Learn From This Incident
- A good quality PLR product is great. You can just rebrand and resell it at a short period of time.
- With a good quality PLR product, you reduce the refund rate and people complaining that you are selling “trash”
- We need to have a list of email subscribers so that we can promote to them about the new offer. We will skip the question if it is ethical to sell the ebook at a much higher price. That’s outside the scope for this article 😛
- You need to minimally change the sales page that you have gotten from the PLR package.
- A good PLR product can help to boost one business in a short period of time. Especially if you already have a list of existing customers.