PLR Content content is any type of content that you can re-brand and use as your own. PLR stand for Private label rights. It is often known as “White Label Content”, “Ready made Content”, or “Done for You Content”. There are many PLR sites around selling PLR contents related to various niches.
PLR content come in many forms. You can buy plr in the form of ebook, article, audio, video, courses or even product (eg software).
Take Notes Of the Rights
Each PLR sellers might have some slight different about the rights with the content you buy from them. Make sure you read the license or terms of service to fully understand what you are buying.
For most cases, with PLR rights, you can take the content, change it, re-brand it, and put your name on it. You can sell the amended content to your customers, but your customers cannot change or resell them.
Very seldom, you will find PLR with master resales rights (MRR). This mean that you can sell the PLR rights to your customers. Your customers will also have the permission to sell the PLR content to their customers. But their customers cannot resell the content again.
Do take note that there are MRR content that is being sold as well. Most of the MRR content does not come with PLR rights.
PLR vs MRR
In brief, with PLR, you can edit the content, rebrand it, put your name on it and sell it.
With MRR, you CANNOT edit the content, CANNOT rebrand, CANNOT put your name on it. What you can do is to sell it with resales rights (RR). This means that, your customer (first tier) can sell the content to their customer (2nd tier). But their customer can only consume the content. They cannot sell them again.
Private Label Rights (PLR) allow you to take the content and edit it or change it to your liking. You can also sell the content to others, use it to build your mailing list, add it to your membership site, and more.
Resell Rights (RR) allow you to resell the content to your own customers. However, resell rights differ from PLR since you don’t have permission to edit or change the content. You also cannot claim ownership of the content.
Master Resell Rights (MRR) give you permission to sell the content to your own customers. It also gives your customers the right to sell it to others, too. This can be useful if you work in a business-to-business niche. For example, you sell resources to business coaches. Business coaches can buy your product and sell it to the clients they coach. Their clients can then sell it to their communities.
Top PLR Sites
Many PLR sellers sell content on a variety of topics. To help you to find quality plr for various niches, I have compiled a list of PLR Sellers By Niches. Do bookmark that page as I will continue to add great PLR provider there. For most of the sites listed there, I have personally buy some PLR content from them. I have performed an initial evaluation of the PLR sellers to ensure that they do provide quality stuffs. They are many that failed, that I don’t even bother to mention them.
When it comes to purchasing PLR, you don’t want to get low quality content that you can’t use in your marketing. In this blog, I have written many reviews about PLR selllers, and most of the time, I do provide a sample/extract of the content for you to gauge if it’s up to your standards.
Why Use PLR Content?
Personally, I believe the greatest benefit of using PLR content is SAVING TIME.
You could spend 3-6 hours writing and editing just one report or blog post series. That’s before you factor in the time it takes to format your content, schedule it, and promote it on social media. But if you use PLR, you can take a content pack and turn it into a post series or PDF report in less than an hour. This lets you boost your productivity so you can publish even more content for your hungry community.
Not only do you save time creating content, you also have content that your community will enjoy. After all, you’ve probably spent hours working on a single blog post that you thought was amazing only to receive a lackluster response from your community.
But PLR providers have spent years learning to predict what’s hot in various niches. That means you don’t have to guess what your community wants—the PLR seller has already figured that out for you.
What Can PLR Content Used For?
- You can use PLR content to create a sales funnel that your customers can travel through.
- You can post PLR content to social media so visitors come to your website. On your website, you can post PLR on your blog and entice visitors to sign up for your mailing list.
- You can create an autoresponder series from PLR that sells your latest product or service.
- You can create products using PLR.
Common Myth About PLR Content
- Using PLR content is plagiarizing – No. Private label rights content is created with the understanding that customers will use it on their own website and in their marketing materials. Many PLR sellers are delighted to come across their content on various websites.
- Search Engines treats PLR content as duplicate content – Duplicate content became a concern years ago when spammers would create 50 pages on their websites and all 50 pages had the exact same content. This resulted in a thin site that offered no value to users. Search engines consider “duplicate content” to be websites that have the same content repeated on multiple pages for the sole purpose of getting traffic. If your website has the same PLR content as another site, search engines won’t care. That’s not considered duplicate content and it won’t hurt your ranking or the other website owners.
If you are a FAN of PLR, I will like to hear more from you 🙂 Visit my contact page and send me a note from there.