If you know me, you should aware that I am bad at my English, and can’t really write well. However, like most of the online business owners, I need to populate high-quality content to my site regularly. There are many ways to have the content created. From what I know, we can:
- Hire a writer (be it via freelancer, a full-time team or from some writing providers, etc).
- Repurposing my existing content
- Use PLR (private label rights) Articles
Personally, I prefer the last option, which is using PLR articles. It is one of the cheapest options, and involve lesser communication (I am a bit toward introvert).
* By the way, this post is created based on one of the PLR articles that I owned.
How to use PLR articles to speed up your writing
Step 1: Understand Your Needs
Before proceed, just in case you are someone that never heard of PLR articles, PLR (aka private label rights) articles are articles that you can purchased that come with the rights for you modify, put your name as publisher. There is no fix licensing terms for PLR. Different providers will have their own terms and restrictions. Do check the license for what you can and cannot do before buying.
Having said that…
Now you need to figure out what you need. Do you want a package of content to create a few blog posts, or are you looking for enough content to create an entire sales funnel?
NOTE: whenever possible, get all your content from one source. That way, there’s continuity across your sales funnel.
Once you’ve figured out what you need, then move on to the next step…
Step 2: Search for High Quality PLR
There are many PLR providers around. The fastest way to search for the PLR content that you needs is using Google search. You can search for your niche keywords (e.g. “web hosting”, “seo”, “content marketing”, “gardening” etc ) that alongside with the terms such as: PLR, Private label rights, PLR content, PLR eBooks, PLR courses, PLR articles, etc
Example for keyword to search: web hosting PLR articles
This will return some results:
However, do research these PLR providers before you purchase any PLR content. Not all PLR providers provide well-written/researched content.
Indeed, many purchased their content wholesale somewhere. That’s why, you often find same PLR pack appearing in multiple sites. Do your due intelligent to check if the vendor has a good reputation as well. Who know, they might not even have the rights to sell anything.
If everything checks out, and the content is high-quality and suits your needs, then move on to the final step…
Step 3: Change the PLR Content
After you have purchased some great PLR content, it is advisable to change them so that the content is unique. You are not the only one that own this content.
To set your content apart from the rest, do remember to spend some time changing it.
Below are some ways that you can do to make your content unique:
- Create/Change the introductions and conclusions
- Add value to the content by adding relevant images
- Change the content to match your voice
- Excerpt pieces of longer content to create shorter content (e.g., use a chapter in an eBook to create a lead magnet).
- Compile multiple pieces of content to create something new. E.g., compiling multiple PLR articles to create an eBook.
- Change the articles into other form, e.g., worksheets, planners, cheat sheets, and checklists, slide, etc.
- Transform the PLR content into multimedia content, e.g., videos, webinars, etc.
And more. The way you use PLR content is only limited to your imagination and the terms of your PLR license!
Now, start brainstorming how you can use your PLR content. For example, determine if you will you use it to create:
- Blog articles
- Lead magnets
- Paid products
- Tools (checklists, worksheets, templates, cheat sheets, swipes, etc)
- Guest author content
Good luck 😛
You can use PLR for all your content needs.